Friday, February 3, 2012

Jazzing up the front door

At the beginning of january I bought some new really simple wreaths for the front door. Nothing fancy at all. They are grapevine wreaths from Michael's and I think they were $2.50 each. I bough $1 ribbon spool that I used to cover both. They were a little simple but I didn't know what I wanted to do to jazz them up. Here is the before. I found these sprays of desert roses and cattails on clearance and fell in love. I have fond memories of cat tail hunting in North Dakota with my Grandma and Mom and the desert rose in the state flower of North Dakota. I remember one time we had some cat tails in out dining room and we didn't know that they popped to spread their seeds. There was cat tail fuzz everywhere. Anyways, cat tails always make me happy so perfect for the door. Since they were on clearance I paid $3 for all of it. 










I flipped the wreath over and added the little flowers by tucking them in the branches and it really transformed my wreathes. So for two wreaths I paid $9 and it is a custom set that is meaningful to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment