Monday, January 2, 2012

Who the heck am I???

My name is Ali. I was raised by a single Mom who was independent and did everything herself. We didn't have a ton of money so if something broke she learned and taught us (me, my brother and sister) along the way how to fix anything.
What has this done to me? Well, it has made me the kind of person who does everything under the sun. Don't tell me I can't do something or I will just go figure it out. My Mom taught me the essentials in life like cooking and cleaning and the other essentials like how to use power tools and build a kitchen from the drywall up.
I was thinking about what to do in 2012 that would benefit not only my family but myself. After many ideas I decided that it would be fun to tackle and document a project a day. I want to show people that things like changing a light fixture, garbage disposal and painting are easy and anyone can do them.
My husband and I were very blessed to buy our first home about 7 years ago. It is a 1980's track house that hasn't has much done to update it except for floors. There is tons of potential and tons or wiggle rooms for me to mess up and not make it any worse:)
I am also on a budget. I don't think you need to spend a ton to get big results and even bigger pride that you did it yourself. So with all of this said here is what this blog is all about.
I will be taking on a project a day in 2012 complete with documentation, pictures and how to's. It may be a huge project one day and something small the next. I love to craft so of course that will be included too.
Here is to a fun and informational/learning 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment